Coping after a traumatic event can be a difficult task. Everyday routines suddenly seem frightening and impossible to carry out, and even the simplest of tasks feel daunting. This situation affects not only the person who has been directly exposed to a traumatic event but to those surrounding the survivor as well: family, friends, and co-workers. These articles offer some advice that will help you cope in the immediate aftermath of trauma, and further down the line for those managing residual effects.
Trauma & PTSD Articles:
- Trauma vs. Stress
- What’s the Difference Between Trauma & PTSD?
- Symptoms of PTSD
- 7 Tips for Self-Care After Trauma
- Seeking Professional Help
- Trauma Treatment
- 6 Ways to Support a Loved One After Trauma
- Trauma in Rescue and Relief Workers
- Motor Vehicle Accident Trauma
- Self-Evaluation: Quiz Yourself
- FAQs About Trauma and PTSD